Firm History

The Firm of Divine, Blalock, Martin and Sellari LLC (DBMS) traces its ancestry all the way back to Wilbur F. Divine, III – one of the very first CPAs licensed in the State of Florida.

Mr. Divine (holding CPA Certificate #31) started practicing public accounting in Palm Beach County in 1932. He was joined in practice in 1943 by his son, Wilbur F. Divine, IV, CPA. In 1968, James A. Blalock, CPA, joined with Wilbur F. Divine, IV, CPA, to create the Firm, Divine & Blalock, P.A.

The Firm remains committed to the same ideals of personal service that our predecessors had pursued and taught first hand to today’s Firm principals. In that respect, we believe old-fashioned good service and concern for the client as a person is simply good business.

With the admission of principals G. Michael Martin, CPA in the late 1970’s, Gary B. Sellari, CPA, in 1982, J. Ronald Anderson, CPA in 2001 and Scott A. Stein, CPA in 2010, DBMS has experienced continuing, steady and sustained growth – in clientele, revenues and expertise.

Our Firm’s business decisions made over the last decade on matters such as office accommodations, access to research materials, commitment to ongoing education, placing an even greater emphasis on making and/or saving clients’ time and money, hiring technical expertise when needed, encouraging specialization and retaining only the best of employees, plus the latest information technology have all proven to be beneficial for not only our clients but also our Firm.